As the Project Manager, Sustainability Services within our Awards & Certifications division you will be an assertive and committed leader with a passion for sustainability and project excellence. The successful candidate will be a driven, self-motivated individual with demonstrated experience leading green building certification projects. This position is based out of our Toronto office and offers flexible working hours and work remote.
Who we are:
CD SONTER is a team passionate about real environmental progress. We believe in a culture of excellence, the value of lasting relationships, and giving back to the community. Our specialty is bringing to life positive change in the property management world and, for over 30 years, we have helped clients implement sustainable solutions across North America.
What you will do:
- Manage full cycle sustainability and environmental awards and certifications projects
- Provide regular updates/communication to the Director confirming project status, successes, and challenges
- Write proficient award submissions, which highlight the client’s initiatives for optimum certification results
- Prepare clients for onsite verification meetings and lead client presentations
- Project manage awards and certifications audits and assessments
- Ensure all projects are completed accurately, on-schedule, within budget
- Address any project-related issues and provide solutions
- Conduct energy, water, and indoor air quality audits
- Conduct stakeholder engagement events when required
- Provide training, support and guidance to staff where applicable
- Identify any opportunities to further enhance processes and best practices
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Environment, or related field
- 3+ years sustainability consulting experience
- Direct experience managing Green Building Certifications (e.g., LEED, BOMA BEST or Fitwel)
- Experience conducting ASHRAE Level I Energy & Water Audits or Indoor Air Quality Assessments is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills; able to interact well with diverse groups of people
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills; thrives in environments managing multiple projects
- Takes a well-ordered and logical approach when analyzing problems, organizing work, and planning action
- Experience training and mentoring staff is an asset
- Available to travel locally and nationally when required
- Valid Driver’s license
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
What we have to offer you:
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan
- Flexible schedule and work remote option
- Professional development and career advancement
- Sustainability culture throughout the company
- BOMA BEST Sustainable Workplaces Certified office
- Corporate volunteering program
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference Job No.: AC-PM0100322.
We thank all applicants for your interest in CD SONTER. However please note that those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We’re an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.