The Senior Specialist, Sustainability Services will be part of our Awards & Certifications division and will be responsible for facilitating green building certification and award projects to assist our clients meet their environmental directives. The successful candidate will also have the ability to perform with integrity, always striving for their personal best, and create an environment built on trust, honesty, and respect. This position is based out of our Toronto office and offers flexible working hours and work remote.
Who we are:
CD SONTER is a team passionate about real environmental progress. We believe in a culture of excellence, the value of lasting relationships, and giving back to the community. Our specialty is bringing to life positive change in the property management world and, for over 30 years, we have helped clients implement sustainable solutions across North America.
What you will do:
- Facilitate sustainability and environmental awards and certifications projects
- Provide regular updates/communication to the division Manager confirming project status, successes, and challenges
- Write proficient award submissions, which highlight the client’s initiatives for optimum certification results
- Prepare clients for onsite verification meetings and lead client presentations
- Ensure all projects are completed accurately and on-schedule
- Address any project-related issues and provide solutions
- Conduct energy, water, and indoor air quality audits
- Conduct stakeholder engagement events when required
- Identify any opportunities to further enhance processes and best practices
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Environment, or related field
- 1-2+ years sustainability consulting experience
- Direct experience facilitating Green Building Certifications (e.g., LEED, BOMA BEST or Fitwel)
- Experience conducting ASHRAE Level I Energy & Water Audits or Indoor Air Quality Assessments is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills; able to interact well with diverse groups of people
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills; thrives in environments managing multiple projects
- Takes a well-ordered and logical approach when analyzing problems, organizing work, and planning action
- Available to travel locally and nationally when required
- Valid Driver’s license
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
What we have to offer you:
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan
- Flexible schedule and work remote option
- Professional development and career advancement
- Sustainability culture throughout the company
- BOMA BEST Sustainable Workplaces Certified office
- Corporate volunteering program
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job No.: AC-SS072522.
We thank all applicants for your interest in CD SONTER. However please note that those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We’re an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.