We are seeking a Manager, Accounting & Administration and this position is responsible for full-cycle accounting and payroll processes. You will be working alongside a collaborative and empowering team. This position is based out of our head office in Toronto and offers flexible working hours and work remote. This is a full-time, 18-month contract position with the opportunity for extension.
Who we are:
CD SONTER is a team passionate about real environmental progress. We believe in a culture of excellence, the value of lasting relationships, and giving back to the community. Our specialty is bringing to life positive change in the property management world and, for over 30 years, we have helped clients implement sustainable solutions across North America.
Our Core Values
Integrity: Honesty, fairness, and transparency are rooted in all that we do.
Responsiveness: Clients take centre-stage in our world where we provide customized solutions that fit client-specific goals.
Teamwork: Collaborative spirit is at the heart of our work with one another and with our clients.
Inclusion: Embracing our diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and ideas drives our success.
Accountability: As a team of trusted professionals, we take responsibility seriously.
What you will do:
- Accounts Receivable & Payable – Receive all incoming invoices, route for approvals, enter bills into accounting software, prepare accounts payable listing, identify vendors for payment, insure timely accurate payment of vendor invoices. Generate and send invoices to clients, receive all incoming payments (cheques, direct transfers, etc.) and update accounting software, generate aged accounts receivable report and assist with collections.
- Payroll & Cash Management – Prepare and process payroll, tax filings such as T4’s, source deductions, WSIB, EHT, set-up and maintain employee records. File ROEs when required. Process employee expense reports. Assist with bank activities (cheque deposits, coordinating Wire transfers, etc.), reconcile cash accounts and route checks for signature
- Finance – Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts on a monthly basis. Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures, prepare monthly, quarterly, year-end financial reports & forms, support taxation and audit processes, resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Human Resources & General – Assist with onboarding and offboarding of employees. Liaison and work closely with our Human Resources and IT department. Procurement of office supplies/equipment and other duties as required. Assist teams with flight and hotel bookings, when needed.
What you bring:
- College diploma or University degree in related field
- 3-5+ years’ experience in accounting and payroll administration
- Excellent knowledge of legislative payroll and bookkeeping requirements
- Strong understanding of QuickBooks Desktop
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) and MS Teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
What we have to offer you:
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan
- Flexible schedule and work remote
- Wellness Days
- Professional development
- BOMA BEST Sustainable Workplaces Certified Office
- Corporate volunteering program
Please tell us about yourself in a cover letter, we want to hear your story – your background, your accomplishments and why this role is a good fit for you. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest in CD SONTER. However please note that those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We’re an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.