Energy, Water, & Indoor Air Quality Audits
As your sustainability partner, CD Sonter offers several audit services to ensure your property is in compliance with industry best practices and meeting your own internal sustainability goals. We perform Level 1 energy and water audits, alternatively called a simple audit, a screening audit, or a walkthrough audit. We also perform indoor air quality inspections, testing, and air monitoring.
We Provide Quality Assurance Through Our:
Energy & Water Audit
Energy and Water Audit Reports are required for BOMA BEST® Certification. Our Energy and Water Audit scope of work is compliant with the BEST Practice requirements. Our service encompasses:
- An onsite visit;
- Interviews with site operating personnel;
- A review of the property’s past three years of utility bills, a baseline year comparison, and other operating data;
- A walkthrough of the facility, geared toward identification of areas of energy and water inefficiency or reduction opportunities;
- Compilation of data for the preliminary energy and water use analysis;
- List of measures and potential capital improvements for further study;
- Creation of corrective measures through a work plan;
- Detailed overview of recommended energy efficiency projects and energy systems upgrades.
The Energy or Water Management Plans included within our audits also meet BEST Practice requirements.
Indoor Air Quality Assessment
Properties that complete an annual indoor air quality audit are eligible to receive credit in the BOMA BEST® Certification program. Assessments must be conducted by a competent individual to confirm that the parameters set out in the building’s Indoor Air Quality Monitoring Plan are being met. Our Indoor Air Quality Assessments are compliant with BOMA BEST® 3.0 standards, and include:
- Measurement of key indoor air quality parameters at representative locations throughout the building, including both base-building and tenant spaces.
- Sampling measurements include:
- Carbon Dioxide;
- Carbon Monoxide;
- Particulate Matter;
- Relative Humidity;
- Temperature; and
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- Visual inspection of all main and representative supplementary heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to confirm good hygiene.
- Suggested corrective actions to remedy any indoor air quality issues identified in the audit.