ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® Data Input & Analysis
CD Sonter offers data input and analysis services for properties interested in tracking their utility and waste data through the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® portal. ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® allows property managers to securely track and assess energy, natural gas, and water consumption as well as waste diversion, across multiple buildings and portfolios.
CD Sonter can assist in your reporting and data input through several services:
- Monthly waste, energy, and water data input using the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® portal.
- Analysis and review of monthly consumption data to confirm inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Monthly summary reports which include action items to enhance any inefficiencies identified.
Why track your property’s energy, water, and waste performance through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager?
- Create an opportunity to generate an ENERGY STAR® score, a key component of the BOMA BEST certification program.
- Address areas of improvement and increase energy efficiency.
- Compare your energy and water usage to similar buildings.
- Create an avenue to track monthly waste diversion to increase your diversion and capture rates.
- For large buildings, become complaint with the Ontario Energy and Water Reporting and Benchmarking (EWRB) Initiative.
The Ontario Energy and Water Reporting and Benchmarking (EWRB) Initiative
In Ontario, large building owners are required to report their building’s energy and water use once per year to the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines (ENDM).
Buildings which fall under this initiative are required to:
- Create and manage an ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® account;
- Enter accurate and up-to-date building information;
- Maintain monthly energy and water consumption data.
Who Needs to Report?
Under the Reporting of Energy Consumption and Water Use Regulation, buildings over 50,000 square feet must report their energy and water usage once per year, as well as residential buildings with over 10 units.
CD Sonter can assist in ensuring your building is accurately reporting prior to the provincially mandated deadline through our data input and management services.