Occupant Engagement & Events
At CD Sonter, we engage occupants through meaningful, thought-provoking sustainability events that leave a lasting impact. Our goal is to educate and motivate tenants, and increase participation in your property’s sustainability programming. Our events encourage conversation around current environmental challenges and solutions.
Ranging from sustainability-themed training sessions to large scale custom events, our team of experienced engagement professionals are able to provide tailored solutions to engage tenants, staff, and visitors at your property.
Why host events?
- To foster a positive work environment with lively events.
- To improve landlord-tenant relations.
- To promote stewardship and enhance public relations.
- To launch new environmental programs.
- To qualify for sustainability certification credits and awards.
- To participate in environmental celebrations such as Earth Month, Canadian Environment Week, Waste Reduction Week, etc.
- To educate occupants and visitors about the property’s sustainability initiatives.
- Trashion – Where Fashion Meets Trash
- Zero Waste Lunch and Learn Sessions
- Green Team Meetings and Workshops
- Sustainability Newsletters
- Tabletop Lobby Events
- Custom Sustainability Art Displays, Sculptures, and Installations
- Recycling Collection and Donation Drives
- Tenant Awareness, Satisfaction, or Transportation Surveys
Consider planning your events to coincide with commonly celebrated environmental awareness dates, such as:
Earth Hour - March
World Water Day - March
National Wildlife Week - April
Earth Day - April
International Day for Biological Diversity - May
Canadian Environment Week - June
Canadian Environment Week (CEW) is an annual event held during the first week of June to coincide with World Environment Day (June 5). CEW challenges Canadians to do more to protect and preserve Canada’s environment.
The Commuter Challenge - June
World Environment Day - June
World Environment Day (WED) was established by the UN General Assembly in 1972 to mark the opening of the Stockholm Conference on the Human Environment. WED is one of the principle vehicles through which the UN stimulates worldwide awareness of the environment and enhances political attention action.
Clean Air Day - June
Clean Air Day is an annual celebration on June 6 to “increase public awareness and action on two key environmental priorities: clean air and climate change. By utilizing a collaborative, decentralized approach, CAD has become the focal point for a wide variety of like-minded environmental, health and transportation activities all across the country” (Clean Air Day).
World Oceans Day - June
National Forest Week - September
National Forest Week highlights the important role of forests in our daily lives. National Forest Week is a time to celebrate Canadians’ connection with our forests.
Waste Reduction Week - October
Waste Reduction Week raises awareness about the environmental and social ramifications of waste and the 3Rs. Waste Reduction Week events are developed and delivered by the 13 different recycling councils and sister organizations across Canada. The event is held celebrated annual during the third week of October.