We’re seeking a driven and self-motivated individual with a passion for sustainability. The Specialist, Sustainability Services will be responsible for assisting our clients meet their corporate and regulatory requirements as they relate to waste and recycling through completing waste audits and delivering a wide variety of sustainable waste management solutions and initiatives. This full-time position offers a flexible schedule and working remotely.
What does it mean to be part of CD SONTER’s Waste Optimization Division?
- A team-driven community of empowerment.
- Continuous improvement and innovation.
- Interdisciplinary expertise.
We are sustainability professionals with a passion for creating lasting, meaningful change for our clients.
Who we are:
CD SONTER is a team passionate about real environmental progress. We believe in a culture of excellence, the value of lasting relationships, and giving back to the community. Our specialty is bringing to life positive change in the property management world and, for over 30 years, we have helped clients implement sustainable solutions across Canada.
- Conducts physical on-site waste audits to determine waste quantity and composition.
- Measure the effectiveness of existing waste management systems.
- Review waste infrastructure and equipment right-sizing.
- Complete waste audit data calculations and report preparation.
- Identify and analyze discrepancies in waste invoices and waste summary data.
- Identify opportunities for improving existing waste management systems.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate overall waste data to develop waste recommendations and waste reduction work plans.
Insights and Strategy
- Complete additional waste and recycling research projects as required.
- Provide creative input on innovative new offerings and projects as required.
- Assist with client sustainability projects, as required.
- Miscellaneous Responsibilities
- Conduct various audits, including Indoor Air Quality Assessments, as required.
- Other job duties as required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform essential duties under minimal supervision.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Sound judgement in handling matters of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to effectively communicate with a broad range of audiences, including team members, managers, and clients.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically MS Excel.
- Team-first, positive attitude.
- Strong time management and planning skills.
- Adaptable and high capacity for independent action.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Valid Driver’s License (Required).
- Full-time access to a reliable vehicle is an asset.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, as required.
- Ability to travel across Canada and USA, as required.
- Ability to lift bags and equipment up to 30 lbs.
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Environment, Sustainability, Real Estate, Project Management, or related field.
- 1-2 years experience in the environmental sector or property management industry.
- Experience in waste auditing is an asset.
- LEED® GA or EPt designation is an asset.
What we have to offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits plan
- Flexible schedule and work remote
- Professional development and career advancement
- Sustainability culture throughout the company
- BOMA BEST Sustainable Workplaces Certified Office
- Corporate volunteering program
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference Job No.: W042722.
We thank all applicants for your interest in CD SONTER. However please note that those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We’re an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.